Time's a tickin'. Last piece in a series of three. Now for some sleep before I become a zombie at work tomorrow while daydreaming of trees and tree spirits from near and distant lands.
I like! A summer version of the one you posted before? Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I bought a "poffertjes"plate so I can make them at home... Try out is on Friday.
Yikes, I can't believe I missed all of these comments. My utmost apologies it took this long to respond. My blog was been in neglect and I'm hoping to resurrect it soon. Thank you so much for your seal of approval! Glad you like it. Very close! This is a spring version of the previous post - somewhat representative of turning over a new leaf; new life. I'm happy to hear you bought a pofferjes plate! Suddenly craving them now haha.
Couldn't agree any better with you, Cindy. Trees make excellent subjects, though I may be a bit obsessive...I mean biased. ;) Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!
Sooo gorgeous! I love your choice of colors! How did you dilute the oils for the transparent hues? I can't even tell that you mentioned it being difficult to paint on this unfinished surface! You make it look like a piece of cake! :)
Thank you so much, Jen! Haha, you are too kind. Trust me, it was far from a piece of cake...more like first-time experimentation with lots of "crap", the medium didn't slather on as smoothly on the surface as expected, or the ink would bleed through the wooden grains. It might not be too evident, but I can testify that was most definitely the case. In the end, the process is just a matter of making mistakes work. In regards to your question, I diluted the oils by just taking a tiny dab of each color and mixing it with more linseed oil. A little goes a long way. :)
Pretty! :D
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Caerphilly!
DeleteI like! A summer version of the one you posted before?
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words on my blog. I bought a "poffertjes"plate so I can make them at home... Try out is on Friday.
Yikes, I can't believe I missed all of these comments. My utmost apologies it took this long to respond. My blog was been in neglect and I'm hoping to resurrect it soon. Thank you so much for your seal of approval! Glad you like it. Very close! This is a spring version of the previous post - somewhat representative of turning over a new leaf; new life. I'm happy to hear you bought a pofferjes plate! Suddenly craving them now haha.
DeleteLovely work, :)
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Gillian!
DeleteI like a way you choose color.
ReplyDeleteIt`s so beautiful:D!
Likewise to you! I love your sketches.
Deletegreat piece there! love how the colors pop w the outline!
ReplyDeleteTruly appreciate your kind words. Thanks!
DeleteWow, beautiful style and colors! Trees make for such amazing subjects and this one is so lovely and a bit mysterious.
ReplyDeleteCouldn't agree any better with you, Cindy. Trees make excellent subjects, though I may be a bit obsessive...I mean biased. ;) Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!
Deletesoooo beautiful and magic!!! ♥
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Shana! That's exactly how I feel about your watercolor sketches. Funny enough, I was in Barcelona 3 months ago... Beautiful city.
DeleteSooo gorgeous! I love your choice of colors! How did you dilute the oils for the transparent hues? I can't even tell that you mentioned it being difficult to paint on this unfinished surface! You make it look like a piece of cake! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Jen! Haha, you are too kind. Trust me, it was far from a piece of cake...more like first-time experimentation with lots of "crap", the medium didn't slather on as smoothly on the surface as expected, or the ink would bleed through the wooden grains. It might not be too evident, but I can testify that was most definitely the case. In the end, the process is just a matter of making mistakes work. In regards to your question, I diluted the oils by just taking a tiny dab of each color and mixing it with more linseed oil. A little goes a long way. :)
Delete