Gallery Info Shop Blog Image Map

Friday, January 7, 2011

SKETCHBOOK PROJECT - NIGHT 1

If you encountered an incredible but intimidating art opportunity, would you still pursue it despite some rather convincing foresight that there may not be enough time to squeeze it into your hectic schedule?  It was a risk well worth considering, and after some lengthy period of contemplation, I eventually decided to participate in the "Sketchbook Project"  back in November 2010.  Unsurprisingly, I haven't started yet...until today.  The postmark deadline for shipping the completed sketchbook is January 15, 2011.  Although some folks have had more than half a year to complete this project, I will attempt to do the insane (as a consequence of my procrastination) and finish this over the next 2 days and 5 nights... Since the artist has the liberty to do whatever they fancy to the book (as long as it is within the 5.5" x 8.5" dimension), I will remove several of the pages to be more realistic in meeting the deadline.  This may either be a salvageable and enjoyable experience or an utter regret.  Only time and determination will tell...

Posted below is a sneak peak of the first page, which mainly consists of a cut-out. I was nervous completing this the whole time since I didn't really plan any of it out carefully and this is only the second time I've worked with an exacto knife.  The first time was way back in 2001 on an original design lotus cut-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment