...and you shall find two deranged, eccentric creepers having a grand time messing around... Two hours of art was just the right amount of time before her departure to Washington D.C. and NYC the following day for the holidays. Sophia is one of the most compassionate, free-spirited individuals I've ever encountered in my life. Just her presence alone will summon the most profound sense of elation. Her artistic inclinations are equally as beautiful:
Sophia felting acorns as small Christmas trinkets and pins for friends.
The finished product:
...and different painting watercolor cards for all of the wonderful people in her life.
For Sophia: I didn't come equipped with any drawing/painting utensils...so I asked for her sketchbook and started doodling with a normal writing pen. The first few lines formed a stop watch... For a couple of seconds, I felt uncertain what to draw afterward, but then it dawned on me that Sophia absolutely loves "Alice and Wonderland."
As you've probably noticed, I was ultra-lame and somehow forgot to write "through" in the following phrase: "Step the looking glass." It's moments like these where I really question where my brain went.
STEP THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS
Pen on paper 5" x 8" (2009)

No comments:
Post a Comment