Gallery Info Shop Blog Image Map

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Soccer

Soccer jersey concepts for DNV-GEC's soccer team. The team name is the #40's (it's an anemometer model manufactured by NRG Systems). Again, the main goal was to keep the designs simple. Limitations included using only one color (in which I somewhat failed by using blue and going monochrome).

Flip through the catalog:



FINAL SELECTION: "Caution Concept" - drawn digitally in Photoshop (October 2009).  The following design ended up as the final selection since it was later decided that the sports jerseys were going to orange. Thanks to the janitorial "Caution: Wet Floor" signs I encountered, this concept idea and slogan came into existence.  I found it pretty neat that these nylon-mesh tops were reversible (with white as the underlayer). This came in handy whenever the opposing team also sported orange jerseys...or unless you wanted to divide your team into two opposing groups for practicing purposes.


THE RUNNER UP: "Global Soccer Design" - drawn digitally in Photoshop (October 2009).  I was trying to incorporate symbolic structural monuments and natural landscapes that represent Washington while simultaneously keeping soccer and wind energy as the primary components.  The globe was a plus since GEC stands for Global Energy Concepts.  Unfortunately, because it follows a monochromatic scheme, this design was too expensive to screen-print.




Soccer team in action during a match in November 2009:




No comments:

Post a Comment