Gallery Info Shop Blog Image Map

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Collecting dust...

Since I was a child, art always represented an undefinable realm which signified unlimited creativity; hence the ultimate form of expressive liberation. It was a world of endless possibilities, forms, colors, sensations and sound; where reality met surrealism and imagination faded into actuality. Quite honestly, it served as an escape from the doldrums of personal life. For the past nine years, I grew increasingly reluctant towards sharing my artwork--not because I was afraid of what others thought, but because I placed too little faith in myself.

To celebrate life and break this barrier of inhibition, I suppose it makes sense to post some old artwork first. Sadly, I forgot these pieces existed. Each one was created during my early adolescence (ages 14-17). They've been collecting dust for five years now.

ART
color pencils and markers on paper 11" x 7.75"
(1999)

TEAPOT REFLECTIONS
graphite pencil on paper 14" x 17.25"
(2002)

ARUM LILY PRISM
watercolor on cardboard 15" x 20"
(2003)

UTOPIA
Cardboard Structure (2000)
SACRED CIRCLE
Color pencils on paper 16.5" x 16.5" (2000)

10 comments:

  1. Kalaallisut: Kalaallit Nunaat, meaning "Land of the Greenlanders"

    haha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. More posts please! muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i took some liberties at making a little icon to link back here... do you mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahoy! mmm, cookies. i can't study linduism if you don't post anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i missed a comment a day :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Saturday! Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! I just noticed!

    The colors are fantastic, you have the eye. Now I wonder why you've been denying us your talent all this time. It's reprehensible :D

    BTW, that header image is fantastic.

    And...I note that you're already a fan of Shaun Tan. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so sweet! Sorry it took me an eternity to finally post an actual art entry on this blog... Your encouragement and enthusiasm has tremendously helped! I wouldn't be here without you!

    When I was little, art was the only stable world in which I tried to escape to whenever my life was engulfed with pain; however, after watching many individuals around me get overly consumed with egotism, I grew extremely fearful of what that could do to me; so I kept my artwork behind wraps. If you had met me back in middle school and high school, you would've realized that I was excruciatingly hard on myself and detested attention. In fact, this is still true. The only difference now is that I don't have a detrimental, low self esteem hahaha.

    Yep, I've been a huge fan of Shaun Tan for months and months.

    ReplyDelete