Thanks to all of the amazing volunteers, art contributors and generous folks out there who participated in a 2-day charity relief-fund raising event called, "Artists for Japan." The art sale benefit was held at one of my favorite art venues, KOBO in Higo. The turnout was INCREDIBLE!!! I wasn't able to immediately drop by when the event kicked off, but I heard there was a line that stretched around the block. Within the first two hours, we raised a little over $15,000, which was then matched to $25,000. By the end of today, the grand total was over a whopping $94,000! Go Seattle! Because of compassionate and generous people, supporting the post-tsunami cause has become a reality rather than a possibility. A big thanks to those who have contributed to this cause by any other means!
As a follow up to the previous post, here's my finished, donated product:
On a side note, please check out my favorite local potter, Yuko Otaku, whom I had the fortunate chance of befriending a year ago at the Fremont Sunday Market. At that time, I had purchased one of her exquisite plant pots which contained a lovely vine that I named Sprout. Sprout has now grown over a foot long and I love him...so much that I'm having a hard time pruning him.
| Meet Sprout, my type of guy. Thank you, Yuko! |
...and some snapshots at the event when the crowd died down later in the evening...

ooooh, there's that plant! Hehe! How does he stay upright?
ReplyDeleteHaha--yep, that's the infamous Sprout. Since Lil' Sprout has grown quite lengthy, he's unable to stay upright now. I'll either have to prune him sometime soon or keep him on my shelf where the books serve as stem-support. The photo posted above was taken before the poor guy toppled over.
ReplyDeleteFinally developed the nerve to prune him. Now, there are two Sprouts, soon to multiple into several more...
ReplyDelete