Oh those anime/manga years!
There are a plethora of qualities from this art form that I find captivating: the wide eyes, crazy hair, sharp features... Be prepared to throw tomatoes at my face, but I'm not necessarily immersed in the anime or manga world. For instance, out of all the anime drawings below, I haven't seen any episodes or games in which these characters derived from (except for Inu-Yasha, The Legend of Zelda, and three episodes of Evangelion-which proved too depressing for my taste). That doesn't stop one from appreciating this art style though!
LUNAR SILVER STAR STORY: ALEX (referenced)Mechanical Pencil on Paper 8.5" x 11" (1999)
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: REI AYANAMI (referenced)Color Pencils & Black Ink on Paper 8.5" x 11" (1999)
SENTIMENTAL GRAFFITI: NAGAKURA EMIRU (referenced)Mechanical Pencil on Paper 8.5" x 11" (2000)
INU-YASHA (referenced)15 min. sketch: Mechanical Pencil on Paper 6" x 6" (2000)
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: YOUNG LINK (referenced & unfinished)Mechanical Pencil & Black-ink Pen on Paper 6" x 6" (2000)
Mechanical Pencil on Paper 11" x 14" (2004)
All that could be retrieved from the Disney phase:
I wish I could find more disney sketches. My childhood dream was to work as a Disney animator...
Pencil on Paper 11" x 14" (1997)
...while hospitalized.
ETERNAL YOUTH: PETER PAN (referenced & unfinished)Mechanical Pencil on Paper 6" x 6" (2003)
"THEY CALL ME THUMPER!" (referenced)Mechanical Pencil on Paper 6" x 6" (2003)
2003 was finally the year I stopped relying on references but now, I faced another problem: my artwork seemed to be display a fusion of "anime" and"disney" influence.
If there was anything I wish I could've drawn better six years ago, it would've been male humans. For the life of me, any attempt of drawing men or boys leaned towards the feminine side (unless I'm looking at a reference of a male figure). In other words, I tend to draw girly men--a true let down to all men around the world. Sorry guys!
Pencil on Paper 11" x 14" (2001)
Pencil on Paper 11" x 14" (2001)
Pencil on Paper 8" x 10" (2004)
Drawn at a restaurant in Vancouver B.C while waiting for food
ORIGINAL CHARACTER CONCEPT SKETCHPencil on Paper 8.5" x 10" (2003)
...during AP Biology
Pencil on Paper 11" x 14" (2001)
Pencil on Paper 11" x 14" (2001)
cute XD
ReplyDeletewhy thank you! :-)
ReplyDelete